A Faculty-Led Webinar on Remote Instruction in Medicine
This webinar is part one of a two-part series.
As many medical, graduate nursing, and physician assistant programs are transitioning to remote instruction, knowing how to effectively engage students online is paramount. We welcome you to register for A Faculty-Led Webinar on Remote Instruction in Medicine, which will offer tips and tools to empower faculty success and student engagement.
In this webinar, Dr. Melanie Allison, with McGraw Hill and faculty member at Vanderbilt University School of Nursing, helps you transition from emergency online teaching to high-quality, student-centered online instruction practices. These small changes can have a big impact on student satisfaction and learning outcomes. In this webinar, we cover the seven topics listed below:
- Clear learning goals & expectations
- Frequent communication including communication tools available, feedback and online office hours
- Icebreakers at the beginning of each class
- Make it Social – video or audio discussion boards, engaged reading, and establishing new rubrics for online assignments
- Modular content, microlearning and chunking
- Short Assessments – Classroom response systems and quizzes
- Encourage Self-care (for faculty and students)
Click here to register to view the recording.